Friday, July 26, 2019

Different From Before

As I am working to get in shape this time around there are some stark differences from before.  One of them is that it's not an all or nothing proposition this time around.

In 2010 I worked my ass off to get in shape, pretty much literally.  I ate barely anything and out of about 240 days I probably was over my calories maybe 5 or 7 times or something.  I worked hard, ate nothing and dropped weight like crazy.

Here in 2019 I'm, as already stated not as far gone as I was before, but I'm also taking the time to enjoy the life I have along the way.  My friend and I went to the US for a night to see a Weird Al concert and go to Darien Lake, on that trip I ate the things and didn't work out on the Wednesday (other than 10000+ steps at the park).  I'm sure it's a much healthier way to accomplish all this.

Anyways, progress is being made, I'm only 15-20 pounds from my goal now (because my goal is a bit elastic) and I'm hoping by the end of the summer to be only 15-10 away! Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously...you must be long lost twin or something....because I could have written this post word for word also! I am not striving for total restriction and perfection. This time around I am going at it more slowly...but with an eye on actually retraining my mind...learning to navigate life yet still remain healthy! And that means that sometimes I may splurge (at a weird al concert for example!) and a splurge or departure from the norm is ok. And since I male it ok in my mind, I tend to not feel like a failure...which is what has historically caused me to throw in the towel and give up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you back. I'm so sorry for the punch in the gut that was your life for awhile. It's good to hear that things are better (or at least getting better) than they were a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete