Sunday, October 31, 2010

Relentless

This was intended to be the original first post.  It is something that I had rattling around in my head and typed out almost a week ago.  I figured that an introduction would serve the blog better, but now I give you this.  From here on out updates will be regular, but less frequent I think.

Relentless 

What does that word mean to you? Is it something that you would apply to yourself? 

I have come to the opinion that being relentless is a good thing for an individual.  To me it means being unwilling to accept anything below a certain set standard.  I have lived this definition for the last few months.  As many who know me are aware I lost weight in what was in the beginning an effort to work towards my black belt grading, along the way it changed from simply a task that must be completed into something far more personal. I am the fittest I have ever been in my life due to a desire to constantly surpass what I have been able to do before. 

This style of thinking has transferred to karate, school and life in general as well, I am always aiming to push myself and others to do more during warm-ups and in class, at school it has become something where "good enough" really means excellent, because if its not excellent, its not good enough.  As for life in general, it is not quite as focused, but the general application is strive for the best effort at all times in what I am doing.

Be relentless in the pursuit of your personal goals and you will find that you not only achieve them, but surpass them, such is the nature of someone who is relentless.

1 comment:

  1. Ya got it kid , just have compassion for those who don't get it .....

    ReplyDelete