Saturday, April 14, 2012

So, I’m Moving

This past week has been filled with extra work around the house due to the fact that we are putting it up for sale starting in the middle of next week somewhere.

I’ve been living in this house for almost eight years!  During that time a few things have been updated and changed.  The second night here was the flood of 2004 in Peterborough, there was about three and a half feet of water in the basement!  We’ve redone the bathroom and added a mudroom.

Last weekend we tore down the part of the deck that was there just so that you could go into the pool that was there when I bought the house.  The pool died during the second winter I lived here and while I did eventually replace it with the type of pool you put up and take down each season, the deck was a disaster and easy (and fun) to rip apart!

Yesterday we rented a cargo van and last night I filled it with the remnants of that destroyed deck to take to the dump today.  I’ll have to make a few more trips in order to get all the junk out of the back yard as well.

We are also painting the front porch and the fixed, but smaller, back deck.  Amber did the railing on the front porch last night and since it looks like it’s going to be a nice day I’ll be painting like mad today to get the rest of those things done.  Selling your house is a lot of work!

Where are we moving to?  Bridgenorth.  My Grandma’s old house actually.  My aunt owns it and she’s giving us a bit of the ‘family discount’ for us to buy the place from her.  It works out so well since the basement has a separate entrance and we can rent it out and get ourselves out of debt way faster than the treading financial water we are doing now.

It’s an exciting but busy time!  Still on deck is the race for tomorrow though.  It’s you last chance to donate some money to that cause (click the link at the top of the page!).  I have done the course four times now and average out at about 22:50 for time.  considering that it always seems to be windy in Ennismore and the hills that are on the course, I’m happy with the time and I think that it will be good enough for a strong finish tomorrow.  Of course you will be able to read about it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment