Monday, November 4, 2013

Friend Making Monday–Food Matters

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 

Food Matters

1. Are you familiar with GMO’s?  Is it an issue that matters to you?

Generally, no, not really.  I have heard the term and I am aware that to some folks it’s a huge deal.

2.  List a few items that are typically on your grocery list. 

Chicken, tomatoes, english muffins, peanut butter, other fresh veggies, milk.

3.  What is your favorite place to shop for produce? 

I just shop at Value-Mart in Bridgenorth, nothing too fancy.

4. Do you eat processed foods? 

Generally no.  At least not if there is an unprocessed version.  Like peanut butter is what it is, but I’d say 90% of our groceries come from the outside edges of the store.  I eat almost nothing from a box.

5.  Do you look for the “organic” label when you shop? 

No I don’t.  If Anna & Christina have taught me anything, it’s that organic isn’t always better, but it is always more expensive.

6. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? 

English muffin with peanut butter and jam (homemade!), same as pretty much every day.

7.  How many meals per week do you cook at home? 

Out of 7 possible dinners, we normally eat 6 at home at least.

8. Do you think that foods that have been genetically engineered should be labeled?

Yeah I would think so.

9. What matters most to you when you’re choosing a restaurant? 

Depends on the meal and the company and the purpose.  Sometimes I just want Shawarma, sometimes a steak and sometimes just a sammich.  I think what matters most to me is what I want to eat.  I’ve narrowed down the places I will eat already since I know I want to eat healthy.

10.  What is your favourite meal to cook at home? 

Lamb with pureed parsnip and green beans.  I love it and if lamb wasn’t so expensive I could eat that meal every day!

 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and have a happy Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment