Sunday, February 5, 2012

Therapy Day

Today I decided to take the day off from working my body.  I have spent the last two years working my body as hard as it can handle, which as you can imagine has gone from what any fit person would consider to be a joke to a gruelling endurance event every time I work out.

It’s not often that I take a day completely off, I’m usually at least doing something physical for an hour.  But no gym today, no run, no skating or hockey.  I took the new kitten to the vet for the last of her shots and then went and got a massage.  I'm usually in agony when I go for a therapeutic massage and today was no different.  There is always a knot in my previously damaged shoulder that makes me want to scream.

Alex Ross - Batman Scars sm

I feel like my back looks like this when the session is over, but it always does feel good once the pain subsides.  I’m still loathe to take a day off, I like training I like becoming stronger and faster – Mightier! But time must be taken to let the body recover and mend and grow.

I think it is important to remember that days like today are just as important as days like yesterday, where I do karate and gym time and play hockey all on the same day.  Back at it tomorrow, but for today I feel rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment