Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It feels good

So this past week I had a hard time getting to the gym.  Due to the demands of homework late in the week and feeling like crap early in the week I ended up almost taking a week off.  I think I felt worse about missing going to the gym than I did when I felt sick.

This past Saturday I still felt awful, headachy and all that but I forced myself to go to the gym after work (and before hockey).  I did my shortest planned day which is back and biceps so I was only there for about 40 minutes.  After that 40 minutes was the best I had felt all week.

I played hockey that night as well (1G, 2A) and felt much better than last week when I played while I had a cold.  I have, of course if you know me well enough, kept track of all the games I've played and points I have scored.  I'm very incredibly excited that if I keep on track this year I will have my most points ever in a season with this team, which really given that I am actually in shape should not be all that surprising really, but it's still awesome none-the-less.

I then was at the gym Sunday morning and did my hardest day, legs.  At the end I was exhausted, having played hockey less than 12 hours earlier probably didn't help much, but I felt great.  I think it's a bit strange that working my body till my muscles scream in the end makes me feel great.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment