Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Year Of Blogging

Today marks one full year of blogging for me.  My thoughts and opinions, sadness and exciting events.  Some things I’m sure none of you cared about (the post read count numbers prove it) and some things you guys have loved to read.

I’ve found new people out here on the internet that share my opinions and are encouraged by my rantings, and others that inspire me.  My wife took up blogging as well and it is nice to read what she has to say most of the time.  Mandy, Marion, Andrea, Lim, Amber and Kenlie as well as a few others have left encouraging or funny comments that I love to read (seriously comments people, I love them).  And sharing with those peoples sites have brought me lots of new readers, another thing I love. 

I, as you may have figured out by now, am a stats guy, sort of.  I can’t tell you much about professional hockey stats or whatever, but personal stats, yes! (like how this year I’m on pace to get more points at hockey, but way less goals it seems than last year).

in the last year as you can see by the counter there I have had just over 4100 page views, I’m pretty happy with that.  The post you folks loved to read the most was How I lost 80 pounds. Rounding out the top five are:

  1. How I lost 80 pounds
  2. That Was So Awesome!
  3. A New Beginning
  4. My Friend Gym
  5. Effort

I think it’s kind of funny that my original post is still in the top five, but as new people come most like to read about where it all started I suppose.

Thank you everyone for stopping by, I like writing, and I’m glad that a few of you enjoy reading it.  I’m going to do some sort of contest and give away some fairly awesome (at least in my opinion) prize, more on that later today I think!  In the meantime, here as some of my odd site stats that I have gathered over the last little while in preparing for this post.

Best Month

681 hits in September 2011

Worst Month

78 hits in April 2011

Weirdest Referring Sites (click at your own risk)

www.sex-dating.co

http://pu.gg

http://keresopoakau.xpac.info

Which means either they had a link, or someone was finishing up and them came right to my site!

Odd search terms that lead people here:

  • hurts wisdom
  • +management +"knowing when to speak up and when to keep quiet”
  • "chez chris"
  • and knowledge put to a test
  • courage fortune cookie

Visits from outside of North America

Double digits

  • UK
  • Germany
  • Singapore

Odd one offs

  • Qatar
  • Philippines
  • Netherlands

No comments:

Post a Comment