Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Forced Rest

Nothing quite makes you stop doing everything you like doing as well as the flu does!

What started as a little tickle in my throat during the day last Wednesday turned into a fever by the time I got home and then BAM I was out of it for a solid 5 days.  I missed karate and hockey each twice, I missed going to the gym and running too.  I have not done ANYTHING for over a week now.

Even now the actual flu part is over it seems, but I still feel pretty crappy.  It seems now that I am fit when I get sick, I get really sick.  It doesn’t seem to happen as often though.  Maybe now my body is better at fighting things off but when something gets through the defences there is not as much reserve fuel to fight it off as before.  I’m not sure.

I am on the road to recovery now though and hope to be at karate on Wednesday, and the gym as well and hockey on Thursday.  Hopefully I can get back on track here.

No comments:

Post a Comment