Monday, November 29, 2010

Blerg

I hate being sick.

I think I started being sick a week ago, it's not often that I have a 1.5 hour nap on a Monday afternoon.  I should have known I would really become sick on Thursday though, I sat down to do hours of homework and realized that I really did not have that much to do.  It was all stuff that was mostly ready but just had to go get done.  And so the amount of stress related to school dropped off and by Friday night I had a scratchy throat.  Boo.

So what does that mean.  I've seen a lot of people simply shut down when they get sick.  "Oh my throat is sore I can't do anything."

I played hockey that night, not too badly actually (1G, 1A in a 6-1 win) and felt like crap when I got home.  I went to the gym Sunday and felt great for most of the day!  Today, not so much, but I am still at school.

I think it's all a matter of will.  I want to do the things I want to do and at this point I'm not about to let a little scratchiness in my throat stop me.

So here I am at school, with only that little bit of thought in my head.  I'm here even though I would rather be home.  Willpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment