Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sick In The Summer

This bites! For the last few days I have been waking up with a sore throat and a nose full of snot.  I hate being sick in warm weather because it robs me of all the comforting things of when you are sick in the winter.

In the winter you can snuggle on the couch with a blanket and have a hot drink, and warm soup and just hibernate if you like.  In the summer I’m already hot and doing those things would just make me more uncomfortable!

What’s more is that I have big fitnessy type things to do this weekend like run 10K this morning and bike to Omemee in the afternoon and such.  I may still do both of those things but it will not be nearly as enjoyable as if I was doing those things when breathing did not hurt.  I find it a bit harder to be motivated to do the whole running and biking thing while sick and I do to play hockey while sick.  I think is has to do with the fact that I only play hockey two nights a week in the winter and I cannot move those nights around but I can run or bike any day that I like.

However, I still at this moment plan to give myself the usual 10-15 minutes it takes for the stingy-ness in my throat to go away after waking up and then go run, because that’s just how it is.  I want to go running and if my body does not like it, it will have to do something a lot worse than a sore throat to stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment