Monday, August 5, 2013

Friend Making Monday–My Community

And The Return of Chris!

Yeah I know I have been MIA for nearly two weeks, what’s up with that?  Well, I was dreadfully tired for a while, just work and all that and then it was like should I work out or should I blog.  Or should I blog here in the morning or be on time for work.  Clearly blogging took back seat to both fitness and work!

So While I had intended to return with the start of the whole comic thing, I have yet to take the necessary pictures, so you get Friend Making Monday instead.  Enjoy.

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here and at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

My Community

1. Where were you born? Did you grow up there?

I was born in Collingwood Ontario, place of Blue Mountain, which I don’t actually think is really a mountain.  Then I grew up predominantly in two spots, Coldwater and then Buckhorn.  My dad liked to live in the middle of nowhere!

2. Tell us about your favourite spot in your city. 

Technically I don’t even live in a city now.  I live in Bridgenorth and it’s quite small.  My favourite spot is my house really, I have pretty much everything I need here including a great view of the lake.

BJish0hCUAAEJk7

3. Do you volunteer for any organizations? If so, will you tell us about it?

I don’t.

4. Tell us about your favourite local restaurant.

I think my favourite place is Matsu.  It’s a sushi place and everything about it is fantastic.  The food is amazing (get sushi pizza) and Mr. Kim is the most cheerful and boisterous owner ever!

5. Has your city ever experienced tragedy?  If so, how did it recover?

We had a big flood in 2004 in Peterborough, just a day after I had moved into my first house.  We recovered with some help from the city and pretty much everyone had a few days off work to get their things back in order.  It wasn’t really ‘tragic’ just a massive inconvenience.

6. Share at least one unique thing about your neighbourhood.

Bridgenorth is the Centre of the Universe.  There is a book to prove it!

Publications_BridgenorthCentreOfUniverse


7. If you could do one small thing to change your community, what would you do?

More trails to run and bike on.  In fact I was just at a township meeting that was discussing exactly that, I hope my input was valuable.

8. The Powerball is currently up to 400 million dollars. Would you move to a different place if you won?

If I won $400 million, I wouldn’t actually move far that’s for sure.  I would prefer to stay either here or just 30 minutes away in Millbrook.  I’d by a empty lot and build exactly the house I wanted from the ground up!

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Building a house from the ground up is probably what I would do as well. I'd rather spend the money traveling than moving far away from my family.

    ReplyDelete