Monday, January 6, 2014

Workout Of The Day

Shovelling!

I arrived home from work and a visit to the chiropractor to then spend about an hour shovelling out my driveway.  Ah Canada! The worst part as those of you in snowy climates know is the end of the driveway where the plow has pushed a nice wall of snow to block you out (or in).

Today what had happened though was the the temperature was warm(ish) in the morning making everything a bit slushy and then it dropped through the day turning that wall of slushy snow into a barrier of ice!

I had to dig it out with an actual spade! A plastic snow shovel had no power there!

It’s been such a different winter around here than the last few, I know my friends in Port Hope and Ajax are feeling the same way since some of them were without power for almost a week!

I’m ready for winter to be over.  I used to love winter as a kid, playing in the snow and digging big forts into the snowbanks and such, now it’s just annoying to be cold and shovelling all the time! I’m not quite ready to welcome summer back, but I’d be ok with a spring that last six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment