Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I’ve Been Tagged

 

Apparently my wife from Learning to Love the Gym tagged me in this post and I am supposed to do the following:


Here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. you must post 11 random things yourself.
3. answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
4. cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
5. go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.


11 Random Things About Me
1) I’ve had two cats named Cringer
2) My first job was helping a neighbour build a timbre frame house
3) I couldn’t skate until I was 14 or 15
4) I like Batman and have eight batman t-shirts
5) I’ve owned every Nintendo home console
6) I can finally tie my own ties
7) I work as an ECE
8) I like stripey shirts
9) 47 is my hockey number thanks to Stephan LeBeau
10) I need ‘white noise’ to go to sleep easliy
11) I teach Karate

The Questions that Amber came up with for me are:

1) If you had one day off with unlimited funds how would you spend it?

I think we would start by stopping in at the Chevy Dealer and get me that Camaro, then we would go somewhere close by(ish), maybe Montreal, eat some really good expensive food, go shopping, buy some games, maybe another suit because even though I’m happy in jeans and a t-shirt, Amber likes suits.  Then have center line seats at a Canadiens games.


2) What is one thing you would like to change about your life?

Less debt, but that is about it.  It took all my life’s experiences to lead me to where I am now and make me who I am, and besides the debt, I’m very happy with it.


3) What book, song, and movie would you recommend to me?

If there was a novel version of Kingdom Come I would recommend that, for a song I don’t know, you listen to way more music than I do anyways, maybe Doesn't Anybody Know by Stabilo Boss and movie, um, pretty much any animated Batman movie I have, because you always write them off as “cartoons” and I think that is unfair.


4) What is one website or blog you peruse a lot and suggest others should check out?

I read many of the articles at 24fightingchickens, a lot of them pertain to martial arts, but there are some pretty interesting things there even if the martial arts are not your thing.

Also cracked.com, hilarious!


5) How do you fit working out into your schedule?

I rush to the gym after work a couple days a week and then put in some time on the weekend, plus I play hockey.  Mainly I find excuses to work out instead of excuses for not working out.  I work out when i am sick, when I’m tired and generally when I don’t even feel like working out. If I' am feeling like I need to just get something in, I run, it’s quick, it’s something I can do from home, it’s as simple as it gets.


6) What do you like to read about on fitness journey blogs?

I like to read about successes and the realizations people have along the way, I sort of wish I had started my blog as I was getting in shape, but I was too focused on doing what I was doing at the time to be distracted with writing about it.


7) What is one fitness challenge you would like to try this year?

The challenge I have set out is to get my 5k running time down under 20 minutes, and to be able to bench press 2 plates (180 pounds of weights plus the bar about 220 in total, so what I used to weigh on average for the last 10 years before getting in shape).  My biggest challenge may be accepting my weight going up due to the increased muscle mass.


8) What makes you laugh/makes you happy?

So many things.  My wife makes me happy just in general.  The antics of the children at daycare.  The antics of Pete at Karate.  Playing the original Super Mario Bros. Snuggling with Cringer.


9) Who in your life influenced you the most and why?

My Dad, Matt, Alf and Pete.  it was because of my dad that I wanted to be a teacher, and now I am an Educator of children.  He’s shown me how to be a good father and I hope to live up to it. Matt is the guy that can bring out the most creative and unable to be embarrassed part of me. Alf was a big influence on actually giving me the skill for that teaching children career and gave that final push to my resolve to get in shape and Pete because without a partner I could not have achieved what I have in my martial art, we will be brothers to the end of time.


10) What do you do for a living?

I play, I hug, I read, I build, I draw and create, I challenge and console, I change diapers, I kiss boo-boos, I mess up hair, I do so many things it’s hard to list them all, but as a whole I care for children.  It’s a fantastic and challenging job, it’s hard and easy at the same time.


11) What is one thing I should know about you?

One thing that you, Amber, and you the rest of the people that read this site should know about me is that if I had the chance to have the responsibilities of a child yet the resources of an adult, I’d totally do that.

Questions for the person I tag:

  1. How did you spend you free time as a child?
  2. Why do you blog about the things you blog about?
  3. What do you do for a living?
  4. The greatest actor/actress ever is _____________ and why?
  5. How do you find time for your passion in life?
  6. If you could spend the day with anyone in the world, dead or alive who would it be and why?
  7. What was your favourite meal ever?
  8. What are you awesome at?
  9. What is a website that you would suggest to people?
  10. What is something you wish people would understand about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment