Sunday, January 29, 2012

My First Non-Adventure Race

I’ve taken up running again as I’m sure you have read and am well on my way toward my goal of running 5k in under twenty minutes since I just did 5k on the treadmill at the gym in a record 22:30 (with a final sprint at the finish running at 11 mph!).

With all this running excitement I decided that I should look for a race or something. Turns out that there is a race right on the doorstep of my work.  It’s a race in support of Community Care Peterborough, my daycare even is providing child care during the race.  A 5k run that will give me a nice idea of where I am in my conditioning  half way between now and the Warrior Dash.

So it’s a charity race, Community Care is an organization that helps out elderly folks and delivers meals to their homes and so on. get some real details here.

If you’d like to make a donation in sponsorship of my run go here.  I can’t figure out how to change my fundraising goal on that site yet, and I don’t even know what a realistic goal would even be.  But I plan on setting a 5k best time at the event, if that isn’t worth sponsoring, then helping out some senior folks sure is!

2 comments:

  1. I have my first sponsor! Carley from my work gave me some cash today to start the ball rolling! Yay, thanks Carley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Chris !

    ReplyDelete