Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Change Hurts

At the gym anyways, but it’s GREAT.

I had been doing the same program of 4 workouts at the gym since mid March.  Four months!  That is a loooooooong time.  I had wanted to get a new workout about six weeks ago, but at the time Amber was considering starting up with Jodi and so to not spend as much money at once on the extra sessions with a trainer I held off getting a new routine.

Yesterday I started a new set of workouts at the gym aimed toward giving me an extra gear at hockey.  I told Jodi that I wanted these exercises to enable me to explode past ‘that guy’ that I was trying to beat on defense.

I don’t have a single exercise at the gym that is the same as I have been doing for the last four months and I was (and am) in much soreness now.  It’s fantastic.  For weeks I have been going tot he gym and doing my thing for an hour or more.  I would be tired, but not sore, I wasn’t working any new muscles or anything.  The workouts took a while but my body was so used to them that they were “easy” to complete.  My body knew what it had to do and nothing was all that difficult anymore even though I upped weights every three or four weeks.

Thursday I will be shown my two cardio workouts to go along with these two muscle building ones.  As I have mentioned I will be doing a 10km run in September and I need to have the power to do so.  I’m looking forward to all new kinds of pain on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment