Sunday, July 31, 2011

Subway Commit To Fit

So I entered to be the Subway Commit to Fit ambassador yesterday.  It took me a while to fill out the form and gather the pictures I wanted to submit, but it is done.

Who doesn’t want $10,000?  Especially after the fact for getting in shape and eating right.  I’d say my odds are slim as they are going to have one winner from Quebec and one winner from the rest of the country.  There will be four other prize winners that get $1,000 as well.  But hey it’s worth a shot.

This is what I submitted to them.

I used to be an overweight couch potato. Until March of 2010. I weighed 230 pounds, had a sore back whenever I played hockey and was out of breath after any real activity. I was also a karate student that was going nowhere. I decided that it was time for me to get into shape and began to go to the gym. I was there every day for four months and began to eat healthy. Once I had started to lose weight, 50 pounds, I got a trainer and began weight training programs. By November I weighed 160 pounds and was a fit and athletic machine. I achieved my black belt that month, and that year at hockey, after playing on the same team for five years, was named the most improved player due to the change I had made in my life.

Food was a large part of the process in losing the weight and eating out at restaurants was something that I had to do quite frequently due to work and school, Subway became my go to place to eat as I could eat healthy low calorie meals. I probably ate three or four 6" subs per week during the weight loss process.

Losing weight was only half the challenge, now I strive to be fit, active and healthy to maintain what I have achieved. I go to the gym four times a week, play baseball during the summer, hockey twice a week in the winter, attend karate to practice and to teach roughly 5 hours in the week as well.

Committing to becoming fit is the best thing I have ever done for myself. It has allowed me to do so many amazing things and helped me feel great about myself in every aspect of life.

 

(I just discovered that photo album feature!)

Something slightly odd is that it was a few weeks ago when I found the ‘before’ pictures from our first cruise when I was sunburnt, they came in really handy here.

If I win Ten Large the Halloween party this year can be at my place!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris! You did an amazing job! Wow!! Quite stunning.

    I've kept off 35 pounds for almost 5 years now, and it is because of a *major* lifestyle change like you did. Fitness made my life so much better.

    But I still have some pudge on the gut to tackle.<<if I mature a little about stress, I could take that off too. Currently working on that. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete