So many people are off on this Fitbloggin’ thing that I guess that I’m just going to have to make my own Friend Making Monday post. I’ll try to have it be as good as the usual I suppose. Put your thinking hats on and see if you can come up for answers to these questions. Once you have, link up in the comments here and cruise around to some other blogs, and hopefully make a few new friends.
My Very Own 10 Random Questions
1. Did you set goals for the year? (I don’t necessarily mean weight loss or fitness goals even. Did you set out to learn to draw? complete a task? Go skydiving?)
I stated my goals again just yesterday, Along with their progress, I did set some I think five.
2. It’s the half way point of the year, how are you progressing on your goals?
I have met two of them, going to complete a third next weekend and the other two are on pace to be completed.
3. It’s a long weekend here in Canada and I know my American followers get the 4th off. How are you celebrating your countries birthday / Independence?
I’m actually not going to be doing very much likely, I have run and rode my bike a lot so far this weekend, Damion might come over today to watch a movie or something but that’s about it.
4. Have you ever shot a gun?
I have shot many guns in my life actually. Growing up my dad had two .22’s, one was semi automatic with a scope on it and another that was just one shot. He had a pellet gun as well. Eventually I got my own pellet gun that looked like a .357. I fired a shotgun a few times too when my friend Dan had people over that brought a clay pigeon launcher as well. I hit my first shot, I was also knocked over by it since I didn’t know to have the butt of the gun firmly on my shoulder.
5. If your spouse or significant other was at work all weekend, every weekend how would you spend your time?
This happens to me every weekend! I usually ride my bike for an hour or two in the afternoon, watch movies that she doesn't care for and play video games.
6. Do you have a pet that had some weird habit?
I do now! Talia has taken to opening the kitchen cupboards. She doesn’t bother to go in, or even look in really, she just likes to open them.
7. Would you rather go Skydiving or Bungee Jumping? (you can’t say neither)
I’m not really sure which one I’d pick if the cost was equal. Amber’s brother asked and said that Bungee Jumping was only like $30 I’d do that. A friend at work just went Skydiving! I think it would be a bit scary!
8. What’s your favourite board game?
Amber is huge on board games and we have a whole giant closet shelf full of them. I tend to like games that involve thinking or strategy. I would actually have a hard time narrowing it down to one, so here is your chance to maybe learn about some new games! I’d say my favourites are:
Lords of Waterdeep – it’s a collect the pieces and do missions type game
Carcassone – build the map with tiles and complete cities and roads (and eventually many other rules)
Trivial Pursuit – Invented by Canadians! I like games like this.
Pictionary – I can draw, and so I win at this game a lot.
9. Where would you like to go on a day trip? (In other words, what is exciting near you?
I like going to Toronto on a day trip, I have lots of friends there and there is lots to do and see.
10. What is one thing you can’t live without?
I think that would have to be my computer, it’s a tool I use for so many things! My phone can do lots, but my computer does just that little bit more that I want, including writing this right now!
Bonus. Who is your favourite person you follow on Twitter?
At the moment it is @GregCapullo the artist for Batman, he has great tweets!
So there it is, have fun answering them and them post the link! Happy Canada Monday Friends!
Looks like Kenlie did a FMM after all, it just didn’t update on the side of my blog, so here is hers too
1. Have you ever met anyone online before meeting them in person?
Yep, quite a few people actually!
2. What is your opinion on social media’s impact on our society? Does it make life better or worse?
I think it makes things better, it’s way easier to interact with people on a daily basis.
3. Do you believe that it’s possible to fall in love with someone that you’ve never met in person?
I think it’s possible to fall in love with the ‘idea’ of that person for sure.
4. Do you prefer to shop in stores or online?
Generally I like to ship in store, but I buy a few things online, like graphic novels.
5. What blogging platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, something else?)
I use Windows Live Writer to write my blogs, and post on blogspot.
6. Have you ever blogged for another site? Would you?
I have written like interview answers, but not a whole post for someone else, but I totally would, I think it would be great!!
7. Do you use services like Netflix and Hulu?
We have Netflix and we use it pretty often, we cancelled the movie network on our cable because we have it, at half the price.
8. Would you prefer to get blog comments or to interact on twitter?
I really enjoy both. Sometimes I miss comments on here, but I always see the tweets.
9. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?
I don’t do much reading of actual novels, but I like my comics the old fashioned way.
10. Share at least one experience that you would not have had without being a blog author.
I wouldn’t have done the couple interviews that I have done, but nothing too major really.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hi to someone new this week.