Saturday, August 13, 2011

Keystone is under the protection of a man who can outrun Gravity.

So I was on my way home yesterday and was thinking to myself, ‘I can’t wait to run tomorrow’. I was quite surprised by that thought and I began to wonder why.  I don’t really enjoy the act of running beyond the first 3 or 4 minutes.  But I like measurable results.  I think that’s what it is.

In working up to running this 10Km Mudrun in three more weeks I have been running for six weeks building from 5 to 8 to 10Km so far now.

Last week I ran 10Km in 49:10 this week I ran the same course in 46:45.  I had said last night to Amber that I wanted to get somewhere in the 47 minutes range before I had to do the run and here I did it the very next week.

I think here I have the same principle as I do when I was first attending the gym.  At the gym I was always striving for more time or more output and then residual measurable progress was my weight.  My weight no longer changes very much and this new activity has given me something where I can measure results and strive for a better outcome each time.

Maybe I can make it 10Km in under 40 minutes?  It’s just might be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment