Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Favourite Thing At The Gym

I was at the gym yesterday doing my new pull day, which I love, and I had to kill a few minutes waiting for some equipment and I got to thinking about my favourite thing at the gym. 

As a weight lifting exercise I think that my favourite thing is bench press.  I don’t lift a heck of a lot of weight, I don’t particularly aim to be able to lift hundreds of pounds, I don’t train to do that specifically. I do like that just like when I got up to lifting 180 pounds I can increase the amount of weight I can press like clock work and be able to lift it in 3 sets of 10.

Strictly as a cardio exercise I’m not really sure I have a favourite.  The treadmill, stairmill and elliptical are all dreadfully boring!  Maybe mountain climbers with the little slider pads.  mainly because the last time I did that with Jodi she was like ‘Holy you go fast at that, you can just count it yourself I can’t keep up’.

I think the best thing I have done at the gym still though is a burpee/pullup combination.  It must have been something to watch I would think. A guy doing a burpee on the floor and the on the jump grabbing the chin up bar and doing a pullup. I think that was the most fun thing I have done at the gym so far.

2 comments:

  1. I freakin' love bench press!!!!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could afford to join a gym. It's simply too hot to go outside and exercise.

    ReplyDelete