Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wii U Launches Today

In about five hours I will have my hands on my Wii U.  I’m pretty excited for it.  I’ve been looking forward to this for quite a while and it will be the third system I have bought on launch day.

Six years ago tomorrow (November 19 2006) I got my Wii.  I couldn’t get a preorder in so at about 10:30pm on the Saturday before I drove by Wal-mart to see if there was a line.  One was forming and so I left my (now ex) wife there and went to get lawn chairs and blankets and junk to prepare to spend the night on the door step of the store.

Night never seems as long as when you are outside, in a very light snow, very cold and anticipating something great.  It was pretty awesome.  It was actually kind of fun too, we met people, I drove over to Tim Hortons a few times to get hot chocolate and bagels and stuff, we played DS with people, it was cool.

The other system I got on launch day was the 3DS.  I knew that living in Peterborough it would not be nearly as difficult to get a hold of a handheld system on launch day.  I didn’t preorder one, I simply went to Zellers and got it.  My friend code is 0903-2736-8751 by the way post yours in the comments and I’ll add you.

For Wii U I managed to get a pre-order. That is why I am typing this on the comfort of my own couch with my laptop instead of with freezing fingers outside of EB Games on my phone! I’m also picking up New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU, the deluxe system comes with Nintendo Land as well.  I’ll be sure to post some photos and reviews later in the day, along with my Nintendo Network ID.

For now, some links.

Nintendo Land Theme Park Map

Nintendo Land Site

The Koopalings from New Super Mario Bros U

New Super Mario Bros U

ZombiU

ZombiU

Wii U

Wii U

No comments:

Post a Comment