Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Wish I Was Perfect

I don’t mean this in a frivolous image kind of way or even when it comes to abilities like sports or karate.  I just mean generally.  The kind of perfect where you can do no wrong.  How realistic is that wish though?  Not very I imagine, but it would be nice.  I am far from perfect even though I do try my best.

I’d love to provide the example that has been running over in my head for the last 23 hours or so now, but I cannot.  Suffice to say I wish I had just done one of any number of things differently.  If I had done so I wouldn’t be feeling as I do now.  It’s a terrible thing to have the confidence you have in yourself shaken. 

How to have the confidence restored is easy, right the course of the ship and move forward.  I took the time Friday to do just that, to be sure that everything, as far as possible, was righted.  But we’ll see.  Moving forward is the next part, acknowledge the mistakes and weaknesses and then confer with wiser folk than I to see how to avoid them in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris! If you would have known better (what you know now), you wouldn't have made the mistakes. Hindsight is 20/20. So just do your best, and don't beat yourself down for it.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete