Monday, May 20, 2013

Friend Making Monday–Getting To Know You

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here and over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Getting To Know You

1.  Have you ever been skinny dipping? 

Yep, I used to have a pool in my backyard, and did that couple of times.

2.  If you could choose an exotic vacation destination today, where would you go? 

Today? Somewhere where they have a cure for a cold!  Failing that I’d go to the Caribbean and get something spicy to eat.

3.  Do you prefer to live in the city or the suburbs?

Neither!  The country, I’d classify where I live now as ‘the country’ even if it is a town of maybe 5000(?)  I have loads of space and privacy but still access to all the necessities within a couple minutes, and it’s only a 15 minute drive into town for all the rest.

4.  If you could paint, draw or illustrate any masterpiece in the world, what would it be? 

Like a landscape painting?  I’d probably head out west and do something with the forests of British Columbia and the Rockies in it.


5.  What is your favourite dish to cook when you’re cooking for one?

Now that we have a pizza stone again I think it would be pizza!

6.  Who has recently influenced you in a spectacular way? 

I don’t know if I would call it spectacular, but I’d say Phil Robertson, Amber knows why.

7.  Have you ever considered dating a person who’s younger than you?  If so, how young would you go?

Yes, four out of five of my relationships that have been longer than a few months have been with younger girls.  Most of them only a couple years.  One was when I was 28 and she was 21, that was the biggest gap.

The rules for the gap are, half your age, plus seven.  So now the youngest I should go is 33/2+7=23.  Of course that point is moot since I have Amber.

8.  What do you typically wear when you’re at home with no plans to go out? 

Depends on the temperature, but usually pj pants and a t-shirt or sweater.

9.  Do you prefer a shower or a bath? 

Shower, what I need though is to have more than one shower head so that I can be warm on the front and the back at the same time.  I used to have one of those.

10.  When you meet strangers are you outgoing or more introverted? 

I am outgoing if it is one or two people and introverted if it a larger group, or I get the sense that they are not my type of people.

 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions.  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Say hi to someone new this week, and have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm with you on wanting a double shower head. It's on my list of changes/upgrades to look into one day.

    I'd forgotten about the half your age plus 7 rule, but I had heard that before. Guess that would mean finding a 26 year old guy who'd date a 37 year old, but moot for me as well. My husband and I are over a decade apart, but within the rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get to FMM in time as I do my blogging on Sunday. So here are my answers for you.

    1. Have you ever been skinny dipping? Many times - at least once with you.
    2. If you could choose an exotic vacation destination today, where would you go? Somewhere overseas like Bali.
    3. Do you prefer to live in the city or the suburbs? The country.
    4. If you could paint, draw or illustrate any masterpiece in the world, what would it be? I like Banksy's graffiti art.
    5. What is your favourite dish to cook when you’re cooking for one? Homemade mac and cheese. What do I actually cook...toast.
    6. Who has recently influenced you in a spectacular way? My husband.
    7. Have you ever considered dating a person who’s younger than you? I have dated slightly younger and much older. I think there is logic to why girls date and marry men that are within a few years older than themselves though.
    8. What do you typically wear when you’re at home with no plans to go out? A blanket.
    9. Do you prefer a shower or a bath? Always a bath, especially when I have time to soak and read a good book. Showers are for the morning rush.
    10. When you meet strangers are you outgoing or more introverted? Depends on the personality of the stranger. I've been told I can make everyone feel welcome in a group and converse with anyone about anything. I prefer to sit back and listen to others though if the opportunity presents itself that way.

    ReplyDelete