Friday, August 24, 2012

Mudrun Take Two

Tomorrow I get my first chance to re-run a race that I did last year. Last September 3rd Jodi and I drive to Uxbridge to take part in the first Mudnewton. This year I will be going it alone.

I feel that I am far more prepared this year than I was last time. Last year it was my first race ever, and I had only run 10 K a couple of times. This year I have run that distance at least eight times and I am commonly running further than 5k.

If what I have read on the Mudnewton website is to be believed the route this year is different, but I fully expect to get a better time than I did last time out. The last few weeks I have been running 10.74 in about 53 minutes. If I can manage a time close to that (using last years times) I would come in in the top five!

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes as soon as possible.

4 comments:

  1. I'll tell you, just give me a few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that cool guy running at the top of your blog????

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me in the turquoise and lime green awesome shoes!

      Delete