If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here and over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Personal Quirks and Habits
1. Share one unique character trait that sets you apart from your friends.
At work this trait would be: being male. Overall though: funniness
2. List at least two pet peeves that always aggravate you.
When Amber leaves tea bags in her mugs, people using the machines I want at the gym
3. Is there a word or phrase that you say so regularly that people expect to hear it from you?
Um, I’m not sure if I have a catchphrase or not, the kids at work would probably say “Boogers” or '”I brought something for you… Messy hair!”
4. Are you a risk taker, or do you typically play it safe?
I’d say half and half, sometimes I do risky things, other times take the safe road, depends on what’s at stake.
5. Describe your life as it was in high school. Are you the same person? Have you changed?
My life in high school was great I thought. I hung out with friends, played cards or football at lunch, got good marks. I didn’t do much going out. I’m pretty much the same guy, just fitter, and wiser.
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done that you’re glad you did?
I don’t think that anything I have done is too crazy really. People told me I was crazy for doing the Warrior Dash, but that was awesome.
7. Do you ever talk to yourself? If so, share an example.
Oh all the time. I talk things out pretty much anytime I am alone. I talk in the shower, I talk in the car, I talk when Amber is not around. Just instead of having that in your head dialogue I speak it out loud. Like what am I going to do today, “I’m going to go to work, do push ups, go to the chiropractor…” or “man that was an awesome game, finally I have more goals than I did last year” on the way home from hockey.
8. Share something you did that unexpectedly helped shape your life.
I got laid off. It sort of happened to me as opposed to something I went and did, but it gave me new friends and a new career, and I got to keep my old friends too! Totally life changing, and awesome too.
9. Do you follow a strict routine, or are you a free spirit? Are you somewhere in between?
Somewhere in between, I like having a pattern rather than a routine to follow. Like what do I do on certain days instead of having each day carefully planned out.
10. Share something about yourself that you hope will inspire others.
Three years ago almost now I decided to make a lifestyle change. It was not half measures, or something I was going to try. I made a change, and stuck to it! The result is that I went from 230 pounds down to a skinny and weak 149, and now to a healthy and strong 166. I’ve been about this new 166 weight for almost two years. It’s the best thing I ever did for myself, EVER.