Monday, February 25, 2013

Hungry For Change

This is going to be quick, but don’t mistake brevity for unimportance.

I am watching a documentary on Netflix called Hungry For Change.  Very eye opening, even for someone like me who is no longer losing weight.

It talks about the make up of modern food, how diets and especially fad diets are set up for failure right from the outset, how low fat or no fat diets are not the best (fat does NOT make you fat).  So many great things!

Watch it.

 

Like, right now!

Quotes and Notes:
Some of these are not news to a lot of people I think...

Eventually, if you add in all the good things(foods), the other choices simply become invalid.

Simple, whole foods are best to help you lose weight.

Plants with lots of chlorophyll are Really good for cleaning your system of toxins (parsley, cilantro and green veggies).

Sugar is your enemy, and it is in EVERYTHING under loads of different names.  If you are trying to lose weight, get away, as far as possible from processed foods.

"When you are upset - don't eat"  Don't try to fill a void that can never be filled with food.

Go to sleep! It metabolizes stress hormones.
Exercise!  Anything, lift weights, walk, something, it reduces stress and makes you feel good!
Stress is bad for you!

Visualization can be a huge part of your success, use it to talk to your subconscious.  How should you look?  Visualize it!  Talk to your subconscious, tell it what you want in your minds eye.  Look "through" a picture, let your mind absorb it, not your eyes.

Love yourself!  Tell yourself "I accept myself unconditionally, right now!" Everyday, twice a day, for 30 days. (or beyond)  It's science baby!

Three Simple Questions
Where does my food come from? (A farm or a lab?)
What goes into my food? (attitude, care, love compassion?)
What is this food for?  (Function or entertainment?)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! I watched this documentary quite a while ago and can't really remember the details, but was also very impressed with it. But I am even *more* impressed by people like you who are more constant in my life, who are living fit lives. We are all reminding each other of the little details of it, and keeping great attitude.

    I like your new blog description up there--a lot!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion, I totally agree with that sentiment too about being impressed with people in my life that are consistent and always working hard towards bettering themselves (in any realm, mind, body or spirit). You do awesome things, and I love reading about them on your blog, or other peoples blogs where they are continually posting about their successes!

      Delete
  2. I am currently reading Jack Canfield's "How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want To Be". He teach about the power of self-affirmation and visualization to reach your goal. I am thrill to try it. Thanks for the sharing.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete