Bailey over at Onederland Or Bust nominated me for an award! And so to honour that nomination I am doing as the award requires and posting some things.
Here is how the award works:
Here’s how it works-the rules:
Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
Go to their page and tell them about the award.
No tag backs!
And now, my things for the award:
11 Random Facts
- I have 5 Batman logo shirts, all different, 2 Green Lantern shirts, 2 Superman shirts and one Flash shirt
- My workout and running shorts are actually swim shorts from Old Navy
- My boisterous persona actually helps cover the fact I am quite shy
- I have two college diplomas (Computer Support and Early Childhood Educator)
- My middle name is the same as my brother’s and my dad’s
- I couldn’t skate until I was 14, and couldn’t skate well until I was nearly 20
- Typically I enjoy animated Superhero movies over live action ones (Like Batman: Under the Red Hood over The Dark Knight Rises)
- I have many friends that work in the entertainment industry either as animators, musicians or artists
- I don’t use shaving cream or anything to shave my face, just water and a razor
- While growing up my dad built two of the three houses I actually remember living in, both log homes
- I prefer cats over dogs.
Bailey’s questions for her nominees:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog simply to have a space for my ramblings, I hope that some of them are helpful or informative or funny.
2. What’s your favourite song right now?
Either Into The Sun by Infrared Ridinghood https://soundcloud.com/infraredridinghood/sets/bit-party
Or Docks by Roboteyes
3. What’s your dream vacation?
I think that a cruise is my dream vacation,I’ve been on two and heading out for a third in March, fun and relaxing!
4. What’s your favourite healthy snack?
The healthy part is portion control, but tortilla chips and salsa!
5. Where will you be 5 years from today?
Probably about where I am now, in this house, working with great people at Shamrock, running races and hopefully a dad.
6. Where were you 5 years ago today?
Five years ago I lived in a little starter home and worked for Computer Installations Plus. I was about 70 pounds overweight, a brown belt at karate, and at the time pretty content with all of it.
7. Where did your blog name come from?
It came from the Legend Of Zelda and the Triforce in the game. Seen on the banner and there on the left each triangle represents one of those things. Wisdom and Courage form the base with power on top. Without wisdom and courage, power falls. All must be in balance.
8. What’s your favourite activity?
Karate. I don’t get there as much as I used to simply because I am spent at the end of a work day, but I love it, and the friends I have made there.
9. If you could move anywhere where would it be?
I’m actually quite content right where I am. Anywhere would probably be a house I designed myself with some sort of pond in the yard so I could have a rink all winter with relatively little work.
10. Do you have any pets?
I have two cats. Grayson and Talia. They are very nice. Grayson sort of snorts, pretty often, it’s pretty funny. Talia has decided that she wants to be able to go everywhere in the house which makes for some interesting situations.
11. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
I’m going to complete the Tough Mudder with a group of friends, some of which I have not even met yet! To place top 3 in a regular running race to go over 2000 kilometres on bike and running combined and do at least 50,000 pushups!
My questions for the people I nominate
- What are you passionate about?
- What motivates you to get things done?
- What stops you from achieving your goals?
- Batman or Superman (Human physical and mental greatness or Alien god-like powers)?
- Do you have pets?
- If you could travel anywhere for relaxation or excitement where and what would it be?
- What is your favourite movie and why?
- Would you use a time machine to alter your past? Knowing that any changes made could completely change your life/knowledge/personality now?
- What’s your all time favourite band?
- What makes a good friend?
- Why do you blog?
My Award Nominees
I would add a few more, but the rules say 11.