Saturday, September 8, 2012

I’m Running In The Rain…

A friend of mine Tweeted me this the other day “Question @Chrispy47, when it's pouring rain like it is meow, would you still go out running??” And my answer was “sometimes I do yeah, rather run in the rain than bike”.

Also several times leading up to the Warrior Dash and the Mudnewton I said to people ‘I’d rather it be raining than a gillion degrees during the race’ (It was freaking hot both days!)

This morning the weather looked like this:

2012-09-08 07.34.122012-09-08 07.39.09

Pouring rain!

It was time to put my money where my mouth was.  Or my feet where my mouth was? Or something like that anyways.

I put on my still filthy shoes from the Mudnewton.

2012-09-08 07.41.43

Not too bad actually since I hosed them out for about five minutes when I got home that day and have run once in them already since.

And set out into the rain.  It was great, I was not hot, I was continually cooled by the falling rain, I splashed in puddles and I did the main strip of Bridgenorth and back home again (5k) in under 23 minutes.

After the run I headed out to karate and then to the Peterborough Sport and Wellness Centre (heretofore and hereafter known as ‘the gym’).  Once I had gotten push day out of the way I decided that I was not quite finished and did Iron Man as well.  I’ve talked about it before I think… yep.

Needless to say I was drenched in sweat, a good feeling since yesterday was our annual RockBand Party (The Screaming Monkeys have now been touring for 5 years) and I felt like I ate way too much even though Wii Fit says I only went up by 0.1Kg this morning.

And Now since the weather is so nice and cool, I sit here in my living room at like 66F and am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment